If you're in the market for a new hot tub, you've probably heard about salt water care systems. You might be wondering if a salt water care system is the right option for your family. Salt water provides the same level of sanitation as chlorine to keep your spa clean, but without the harsh chemicals. Many spa owners prefer salt systems because they're easy to use, gentle on skin and hair, and provide an all-around better hot tub experience. These features add up to make salt water spas a great option for you and your family. If you're ready to learn more, let’s look at some salt water hot tub reviews to see what Hot Spring® customers think about the ease of use, physical benefits and how salt water systems compare in general to traditional chlorine spas.
Ease of use
When shopping for a new home spa, one of the most common questions that gets asked is, "Is this hot tub easy to use? " It’s a fair question, because nobody wants to spend more time maintaining their hot tub than they do using it. Thankfully, salt water systems are incredibly easy to use, and can actually save you time and energy compared to traditional chlorine-based systems.
The FreshWater® Salt System for Hot Spring Spas is available on all Highlife® Collection and Limelight® Collection spas. All you have to do is insert a titanium cartridge that uses salt to sanitize the spa water. Then, you simply use test strips to check the water every 10 days and use the control panel to adjust the chemical levels as needed. With fewer additives and chemicals, the water stays cleaner longer. This means you only have to fill it once a year, where most traditional systems require at least four refills annually.* Add it all up, and you can spend less time adding and measuring chemicals, and more time enjoying your hot tub.
Let’s check out some salt water hot tub reviews from Hot Spring customers who love their salt water hot tubs:
- "It is low maintenance and water care is easy. One of the nicest things is that we don't smell like chlorine after using it! I highly recommend this spa! "
- – Flash® owner, Prescott, Arizona
- "The FreshWater Salt System is the way to go. There are so many mixed reviews on salt water systems that are so untrue. I have sparkling clear water and the only maintenance I do is adjust the pH every now and then. Other than that, I don’t add any chemicals and my water values are nominal all the time. "
- – Jetsetter® owner, Maryland
- "Maintenance is so easy and the salt water is so nice on the skin. Love it. A nice deep soak and the abundance of jets is perfect! "
- – Flair® owner, East Helena, Montana
In addition to the amazing hydrotherapy benefits that come with any hot tub, a salt water system takes the physical benefits of hot water immersion to the next level. With a salt water system, a hot tub is more like a hot spring, offering softer, more natural-feeling water. This means the water won’t dry out your skin or leave your hair with that dry feeling. Salt water is also gentler on your eyes, so it’s a nice alternative to chlorine, which can be a little harsh for some. Overall, you get a more therapeutic, relaxing spa experience using a salt water system.
Here are some hot tub reviews from Hot Spring customers who say the salt water produces amazing benefits for their bodies:
- "Great for my skin, the FreshWater Salt System was a great investment for our overall health. Aches and joint pain seem to melt away. "
- – Sovereign® owner, Crescent City
- "We chose to go with the FreshWater Salt System and could not be happier!!! Water feels great, no weird feel to it. Soft on the skin, kind on your hair. Only have to empty and replace water once a year, rather than inconvenient other models, which require four! "
- – Hot Spring spa owner, Buchanan, Michigan
- "The hot tub is super for those tired muscles and aches and pains you get throughout the day. We soak every evening after dinner to relax and get after those aches. Has truly helped with my arthritis in my back. "
- – Flair® owner, Tennessee
Salt water vs. chlorine
When it comes to understanding the real difference between a salt water system and a chlorine-based system, you have to consider the whole picture. Not only are salt water hot tubs easier to maintain and gentler on your skin, but there’s also no annoying chlorine smell, creating a more enjoyable spa experience. Fewer refills mean you can conserve more water, making salt water systems more eco-friendly. And many owners enjoy knowing they’re using fewer chemicals and providing a more natural experience for their families.
Here’s what some Hot Spring customers, who formerly used traditional chlorine systems, had to say about the difference between salt water and chlorine-based systems:
- "I couldn’t be happier with the hot tub and the salt system. Coming from a traditional chlorine system, there is no going back! I highly recommend. "
- – Prism® owner, Greensborough, North Carolina
- "We decided to opt for a salt water system in our new spa. The difference in ease of maintenance has been amazing … The water stays amazingly clean. We would recommend the saline system to anyone. The spa always smells fresh and is a delight to use. "
- – Grandee® owner, Tennessee
- "We absolutely love it. The water quality and comfort is amazing. We can basically get out of the spa after an evening soak, towel off and go to bed with no skin irritation. And keeping the water quality where it needs to be is very simple — especially relative to a no salt spa I had a few years ago. Overall, a great purchase. "
- – Vanguard® owner, Atlanta, Georgia
To learn more about the FreshWater Salt System, download a brochure or stop into the Hot Spring dealer near you. You can also schedule a test soak so you can try a salt water system for yourself. We’re convinced that once you experience the extraordinary benefits of a salt water hot tub, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without one.
*Many factors affect the life of spa water, such as bather load and water chemistry. When these factors are accounted for and the spa is properly maintained, the FreshWater Salt System will keep water clean and clear for a full year.